If you are currently homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
there are other housing options and services that may be able to assist you. Community housing is not emergency accommodation.
Waiting to be housed
How long you wait for community housing depends on:
- your personal situation
- the areas and house types you have selected
- the number of other registrants on the customer registration
- where your registration is on the registration list
- how many tenancies are coming to an end.
Updating information on your community housing registration
It is important that you let Housing SA
know if your personal or household circumstances change or you want to change your registration details.
Use a change of circumstances form to notify Housing SA if:
- your address or other contact details have changed
- you have legally changed your name
- you want to remove someone from, or add someone to your household
- there are changes to your income
- you want to change the type of housing or the area you have nominated - if necessary Housing SA will arrange an appointment to discuss your situation further
- you want to cancel a community housing registration.
Step one: choose the correct form
Use the correct form depending on whether you are registered for an association or a cooperative:
For an alternative version of this document contact Community Partnerships and Growth.
Step two: lodge the form
Return the form along with supporting documentation to your primary contact in Housing SA.
Cancelling a community housing registration
You can cancel a registration at any time. You can either write a letter stating you wish to cancel your registration, or complete a change of circumstances form for associations or change of circumstances form for cooperatives, and lodge it with your primary contact.
For an alternative version of these documents contact Community Partnerships and Growth.
If you are removed from someone else's registration
If you are removed from someone else's community housing registration - eg due to separation - you can apply under your own name and ask for consideration of the time your name was listed on the other application. Discuss your situation with your primary contact.
On this siteOther accommodation options
DownloadsCommunity housing area map - metro Community housing area map - country
For an alternative version of these documents contact Community Partnerships and Growth